Labels

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tone Up While You Work!

"I don't have time to work out"


I hate that statement. I really believe that if you are truly committed you can always find the time to squeeze in some sort of work out, no matter what the schedule. Growing up I have always had a busy lifestyle. In high school I took AP classes, did shows at school while I was doing community theatre, and then when I wasn't doing that, I was cheerleading. And when I went to college, I went to a pretty intensely scheduled performing arts academy. So over the years I've figured out a few tricks to squeeze in work outs whenever I can. Often times my work outs are spread out throughout the day, because I don't have the time to have one hour long work out. So, on the days that my schedule doesn't allow, I do stuff like this...

1. The brush teeth crunch. No really. Every night when I am brushing my teeth to go to bed, I do crunches. It may seem kinda silly, but hey! I get at least 50 or 60 crunches in before I have to spit =)

2. Bathroom calf raises. Every time you go to the bathroom, do calf raises while you wash your hands! I also do this while I'm washing my face!

3. This one I haven't tried yet, but I saw it on a website and I wanna do it next time I have laundry to fold. Instead of sitting while you fold, do a wall sit. Eeek! Talk about motivation to get those socks done fast!

4. Stair it. Always chose the stairs! Ok ok, sometimes the elevator is tempting. But really, unless you are about to be late for a meeting, then use those legs! I have stairs in my house, and I NEVER, no really I mean never, walk up them. I run up them every time. Ok so it's no half marathon. But its SOMETHING

Ok. None of those were ground breaking. But really, doing some crunches here and there during the day, or running up a few flights of stairs will make a difference, even if it is just a teeny one. The main thing is that it reminds you to be active. An active lifestyle, is a healthy one =) So let's MOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment