Labels

Monday, August 23, 2010

DIY



I am the type of person who loves to do it MYSELF! I would much rather fix up something old instead of buying it new. Hence, almost every single piece of furniture in my room was used previously and repainted (multiple times=) by me. Sooo...




A few months ago I saw this picture in the inside of my Damien Rice cd cover, and I fell in love with her. I immediately began planning in my head how I could blow the picture up somehow and get in printed on a canvas. However that of course involves CAAASH. Although the new job is goin pretty well, I'm no high roller. So I decided to just try and paint her myself. So here it is, my third grader art haha. She doesn't look exactly like the print of course, and one day I really would love to get an actual print enlarged, but for now, I really like her. And I'm just proud that I did her...MYSELF!! And that's what I love about art...it's abstract, it's interpretive, it can look any way you want! What DIY projects do you have laying around to do. Roll up your sleeves and give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment