Labels

Thursday, July 22, 2010

All The Single Ladies...


I have officially not been single since (drum roll, please) 2006. I know, kinda crazy. I feel like my life is one string of attempted relationships. I chose the word attempted because I just really don't want to use the word "failed" when describing my past. So now, it is time to learn how to function...all by my lonesome. To help me through this oh so needed season of singleness, I am making myself a list of projects/goals for myself. I will keep you guys updated on how I'm doing on the list, and may be I will encourage some people to gets some things they have been wanting to get done too. These all will take work, of course, but not one of them is an unrealistic goal.


My time limit (because I need boundaries, this I know) is six months....So that makes the official date : January 22, 2011. (eek!)


1. Be continuing with my blogging (hey, I'm doing good on one already!)

2. Have my credit card bill paid off

3. Have outside arbor made (A DIY project my mom and I came up with)

4. Actually finish the scarf I started to knit

5. Have etsy site up and running with my sister

6. Have enough money saved to go to my friend Jessica's wedding in Pennsylvania (This one the date will have to be slightly sooner, since the wedding is towards the beginning of Jan)

7. Have signed up and started taking cake decorating classes with my mom and sister

8. Have a savings account that I am actually adding money too, instead of using it all to buy stuff...(but I love stuff!)

9. Try out 3 new recipies, and make them for my family)

10. And this one is more of a hopeful state of mind but, be content with myself without someone on my arm.



Well here I go, I'll let you know how I am doing. I am really serious about this though. Some of these may seem like silly goals, but when your life is just one unfinished project, finishing little project make you feel really good. So here is to feeling good! Hey single ladies..."Now put your hands up!!"


3 comments:

  1. I need a drum roll, too...I've officially been single since 1998!! How about I give you strength & advice for surviving in that world & you can send me some confidence in my quest of finding a man!!!

    I love your list - it's a do-able goal. One item's popped out at me because I just bought a cheapy set of decorating tips so I could decorate cupcakes for my party on Sunday! I've always wanted to try cake decorating...ever since my grandma took a class when I was about 10!

    Stay focused, you can do it...ALL OF IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sue!! You are so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list! Inspires me to start one too! :-) I am very proud of you and I love you!

    ReplyDelete