Labels

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Nemesis...Chicken.

As many of you know, I have been on a journey for the past few months toward vegetarianism.

At first it was bliss...spinach, beans, rice, cottage cheese, veggie burgers. I was feeling great! Me and veggies were gonna take on the world together, one carrot stick at a time.

Then, the cravings came. It started with an old friend turned enemy, the corn dog. It all happened at Disneyland. Disneyland and corn dogs go together! They are the ideal Disneyland meal. They can be eaten while walking, and their deliciousness adds to the whole Disneyland experience, turning the evening into an eating, riding, walking, TRON filled experience!
I was strong.
Then a few weeks ago, I realized that at Thanksgiving, you eat turkey.
And at Christmas, you eat Ham
And the day after Christmas you put ham in your omelet, and the next day you eat a ham sandwich, and the next day, and the next day.
I cracked.
I realized that not only were these things symbols of the holidays, they were symbols of my youth! My childhood!!! And then I thought...I haven't eaten meat in months! If I crack and pig out on Thanksgiving without preparation I'm gonna get sick on my favorite holidays of the year!!

I. Just. Couldn't. Help. Myself.
Ok Ok Ok... So I have loved being a vegetarian for the past few months. However...meat has been calling to me! I learned a lot on my little journey. My diet will never be the same again. I will still have a very vegetarian based diet, but with a little meat in there every once in while cuz...I can't take it anymore!
I'm weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment