Labels

Thursday, May 10, 2012

AAAAND I'm Back

Well, that was a nice little...break. Hiatus? SABBATICAL! Yeah I like that. That makes it sound like I went traveling and ate fancy foods. And there definitely were a few times when I let my self indulge a little. OK OK...so I ate half a carrot cake and a whole cheesecake by myself. That's not the point. The point is this little break has been a wonderful time of growth as well. Though there have been rough days, there have been beautiful days as well. Days filled with lot's of time with friends, new movies, new restaurants, lot's of exercise, learning new things, lot's of prayer, bible reading, and some self discovery. I think I can call that a win? Yeah?

One of the most encouraging things has been the series we are going through at church "The Power to Change." Most recently Mike spoke on out perspective during hard times. I so many times immediately pray "Ok God do your thing and get me out of this." but Mike challenged us to have that "eternal focus" and remind ourselves that our hard times aren't just about us.

Jesus said "For in this world you will have trouble, but take heart for I have overcome the world." Isn't that wonderful? You know what's funny, at times the most encouraging part of this verse for me personally is actually the first line. The fact that Jesus says, "Hey this is gonna be hard" reminds me that in a hard time, Jesus knew this was coming, and He still has it all under control. What a sweet, sweet truth that is.

In 2 Corinthians Paul writes "We are... perplexed but not in despair." That resonated with me so much. In a time when perplexed really is the most accurate word for how I feel, I don't have to be in despair, because my father desperately loves me. and what a beautiful thing that is. As women, I believe that is really what we all want, to be desperately loved. And oh man...I AM.


"God is crazy for us He proved that on the cross" Mike Yearly

No comments:

Post a Comment