Labels

Monday, August 20, 2012

Awesome Beach Hike, Adventure No. 6!!

"So, Summer, I have an idea. How 'bout you just never end...cuz I need more days like today. K thanks" =)

Today was an awesome day at the beach with my friends Brian and Caleb. Uh Brian...I guess you are the most adventurous person I know cuz...so far you are winning by a landslide. Anybody else wanna compete? Let's go have an adventure together =)

The day started with a trip to Neptune's Net for some grub, the we went to Pt Magu and spent some time on the beach. The water was cold...but a nice break from this crazy humid weather we have been having lately!



After that Brian suggested we go for a hike, he warned me it was pretty intense...but I was stoked to go =) And actually it was kinda an intense hike, but sooo fun and worth it. I just had to not think about the fact that if my foot or fingers slipped I would fall to my death. =) First we had to shimmy sideways on this crazy wall by our tip toes and fingertips...


Yeah see the side of that? We were just kinda clinging to it for dear life and shimmied on over =)
And then there were the balance beam moments...



But man, they were worth the views!




We even saw some pretty cool fossils...



And met some new friends...



I had never touched a sea anemone before! It was so cool how they suction cupped themselves to your fingers! I liked to think of it as their way of shaking hands. I introduced myself to as many of them as possible. =)

It was such a fun day. And I was so proud of myself after this hike! Brian even said I was one of the most willing people he had ever taken on this hike! I felt very brave =)

You know looking at all of God's amazing creation really makes me think...what a considerate God we have. In the last few months God has given me SO many reminders and cool opportunities to show me his love, provision, and that He is my ultimate source of joy. Really, He is the greatest adventurer of them all. I can't wait to continue to honor the fact that I'm made in His image and be the best adventurer I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment