Labels

Friday, August 24, 2012

DIY: Add a Little Color to your Life!

I was in a decorating mood recently, and I was getting real tired of the only color in my room besides the green walls being purple. I needed something bright, fun, and vibrant! So I decided to DO IT MYSELF and add some color. The first thing I did were these awesome jars! A couple of them are mason jars from Joann's, but the others are old spaghetti sauce or jelly jars that I just washed out...

A little acrylic paint on the INSIDE of the jars...and voila! I loved the way all the colors turned out. Most of them I mixed to make just the right shade I wanted. So cute, so functional, and so easy. I also sprayed a little clear spray paint on the inside of them after they were dry to help protect them.

And onto my desk...which needed some serious sprucing. So, some new knobs from Anthropologie's sale bucket for only 3 bucks a piece...



And some sanding and yellow spray paint on an old dingy kitchen chair...



And I'm instantly cheerful every time I look at my desk =)

The last project was the easiest, and cheapest of them all...I got some frames from the dollar store...


Poor ugly little frames...A little acrylic paint that I already had, (I mixed some custom colors for that too) and...



Beautiful, colorful frames to show off my adventures, and loved ones! So...get to it! Is your room feeling drab? Nothing a little paint and some imagination wont fix ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment