Labels

Monday, August 6, 2012

DIY ART! (Bucket List Item #1 down!)

Hey guys!

It's been awhile since I posted, I know. But I was on our high school's summer camp with all the students this last week. I had a great time on the DELTA! It was great to try new things, relax, connect with the girls, and rough it!

While I have always been a pretty outgoing person, I definitely need my "me" time to refresh me. So after a week of being surrounded by a hundred people with no where to hide (no offense guys, you're all awesome) I had a nice evening in last night. It was just me, some music, and a lot of paint! It was glorious =)

I've been wanting to replicate this picture I saw on pinterest for a while now. So I finally tackled it. The point was to not spend any money, so while this inspiration piece has four canvases, I accomplished a similar look using just two.

INSPIRATION:


Pretty, Huh? So I rolled up my sleeves, and gave it a go! Here is my version...



TA DA!! What do you guys think? I was so happy to get this done finally. And what makes me even more happy...I put doing this painting on my bucket list! (I needed some things that I could do right away with my budget on there) So I can now go to my wall and take one item off! Woo hoo!

2 comments: