Labels

Friday, July 13, 2012

ABRACADABRA! Adventure No. 3

I love it when an adventure calls for dressing up, don't you? That's why I was SO excited when my friend Brian asked me to come with a group of friend's to the MAGIC CASTLE in Hollywood. If you know anything about the Magic Castle, then you know it is a very exclusive club, and you can only get in if you are a member, or are a guest of one. Needless to say I was pretty excited. I've always loved magic. As a kid I had a magic kit that came with a book, cards, a wand, etc. I walked around the house doing "tricks" for my family. I'm sure I had some exceedingly clever name like "The Great Rachel." =)

I was also so excited because I had an excuse to wear the dress I scored at my friend's garage sale for $5! (Plus the shoes I bought from her too!)

I looove this dress. I even got compliments from women I didn't know at the Magic Castle on it! Score!

I paired it with a purse of my mom's that had a vintage feel that I felt really went with this look. Slap on some garage sale heels and a rose pearl bracelet from Forever 21 and I was good to go!

I can't wait to try this dress for another event. A friend of mine suggested cowboy boots for a more casual event. How about a night out at the Malibu Winery, or something like that? Ok. =)
The only bummer thing was that we weren't allowed to take pictures inside. So I scored a bathroom shot once I got the chance =)

My friend Lauren said the bathroom made her feel like she was in Moulin Rouge. I couldn't agree more! What girl doesn't like light bulbs around a mirror, I mean...really?
I took a few shots before we went in. My friend Katie and I, the outside of the Castle, (which doesn't even begin to do it justice, this place is to die for beautiful inside) and all the ladies outside the door. Don't mind my awkward pose in that one haha.




I had SO much fun at the Magic Castle. I even reached my one and only goal for the whole night...I got called on and got to participate in a magic trick! (Which completely BLEW MY MIND!) If I'm ever really really wealthy...may be I'll be a member and go, oh I dunno, every two days or so ;)

Adventure No. 3...you might be my favorite yet. On to the NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment