Labels

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Trash to Treasure: DIY Summer Shorts!

I love summer time. Shorts, skirts, dresses...I love all the "beat the heat" solutions =). This summer I really wanted to have lot's of different options for shorts, but I only had a couple pair.

So I made some! I was cleaning out my drawers and realized I had a few pairs of jeans that I never wear anymore. The first one tore after the second time I ever wore them...I was soooo sad. The second pair were all destroyed at the bottoms because I never got them properly hemmed...whoops. And the third were a distressed pair that I had bought that were now...far beyond distressed. These jeans were distressed, depressed, and falling to pieces, literally.




So in order to get a nice even cut,I took a pair of shorts that I already had and really liked the length of and put them on the pants, so my pants were "wearing" the pair of shorts.


Then I drew a line with a pen so I could follow along the nice curved shape you need. Then, snip snip! I folded the edge up and ironed them with a lot of steam. I'll go back later when I can use my sister's sewing machine to put in a stitch. What do you think of my new summer creations??

No comments:

Post a Comment