Labels

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Adventure No. 4!

So today I got to have a really fun adventure. A bunch of us from church went down to Santa Monica and biked the boardwalk. It was SUCH a pretty day outside! The sun finally broke through later in the afternoon, but the whole day it was warm, and I was by the ocean...so I was happy!

I was happy already just being on my way!


So I was READY to go! I had my little hat...and I had my cute romper on from Target (thanks, Mom) and I rented my bike...and then I leaned over to my friend Laura and told her something that I haven't told may people...

"I never learned how to ride a bike without training wheels as a kid..."

I know...I'm all sortsa embarrassed about it. Sure I wobbled around on one a few times when I HAD to as a kid...but since I was never taught, I sorta just said "forget this!" and put my roller blades on. So, I was slightly nervous that I wasn't gonna do as well as I would hope.

Oh my goodness.
That is pitiful.
And so embarrassing.
But true.

So I had avoided bike riding moments until now...but not anymore! I'm tired of not doing things now just because I had never done them as a kid. May be a bike ride doesn't sound that adventurous to you, even now as I type, it sounds kinda silly. But that's ok.

Long story short...I got the hang of it...sorta. I fended for myself for about half the way...then my awesome friend Laura asked if I wanted to ride tandem. She had never done it before and wanted to try. It was so fun! We were cracking up the entire way about what a cute "couple" we made.

And let me tell you...when it comes to riding tandem in the back...I've got skills ;)



Aren't we cute? =) After our ride we walked to Tender Greens where I had the most amazing meal (complete with a to die for cupcake) in the world. And don't even get me started on their lemonade!



Poundcake cupcake with blackberry frosting? My day/life was complete.

So there was my adventure for the day...may be nothing too grand, but I got out, I did, I experienced. And I now have a new mission...get really good on a bike...because it was so fun! (not to mention this post is just a little too embarrassing =) Adventure No. 5...here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment