Labels

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Satan is a Big Fat Liar Meanie Face!

Ok, so may be he is a bit more than that, but I think we get the picture, yes?

This one is gonna be real short and sweet tonight. The other night I was feeling bogged down during my prayer time. I desperately wanted the Lord to "meet me" in some sort of way. A word to come to mind, a verse to jump off the page, a neon sign telling me exactly what to do to fall through the ceiling of my bedroom, you know...whatever, I'm not picky ;)

So after an extended prayer sesh, I was feeling no better. I still was bothered, and I had not been reminded of any hope. So I started to wrtie down how I felt. And immediately, without even trying, as I wrote down each lie, God gave me an infinately more powerful truth to combat it with.

I feel lead to share these with you not to gain attention, or to say "Oh look at me, feel bad for me these are the lies I combat with," but because I KNOW I'm not the only one who the devil likes to whisper these STUPID LIES to. They might be slightly more geared towards women however, sorry dudes. Anyways...here was how God met me that night.

"Single...Christ's Bride

Boring...Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Ugly...Made in God's Image

Useless...Made for a Purpose"



I've kept the little piece of paper in my room and I look at it from time to time to remind myself how loved I am by the God who created the universe.
P.S. I'm his daughter...no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment