Labels

Friday, June 1, 2012

Little Good Things

"Every day may not be a good day, but every day has something good in it."

I read this quote the other day when I was in a particularly...pleasant, (yeah, that's it) mood. I immediately made an over the top "Oh please face", I'm sure, and clicked my little mouse to the next image with so much force I'm surprised the thing survived =)

But it's true.

Awe man...now I have to take ownership of that =) Life is hard. Right now life is especially hard. But life is also beautiful. I serve a God that loves to hear my prayers...even when I repeat myself over and over again. I serve a God that created music, and breezes and cheesecake. (Yes...that did come STRAIGHT from heaven. So lately I've been trying to remind myself of at least one good thing at the end of each day. Today there are a few...
A surprise visit from my sister and niece and breakfast on the patio with them in the summer sun
An awesome rehearsal with my 6th graders for their graduation
Red wine at the end of the day
New nail polish color that really makes me happy

It's Essie's "Turquoise and Caicos"
And this is exactly from today but it's still making me happy...
A great Memorial day with my good friend Katie and her adorable daughter Lily! Plus a really fun hat from Forever 21 that I've been wanting for a long time! (Only $11.99) =)

So let's open our eyes, and see the Good Things
Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment